What do you do to show yourself some self care?
Recently, a hair care company conducted a study involving 3,000 women. While a whopping 84% admitted they let their appearance slide, over 94% revealed that they feel better when they take measures towards their own self care. So, if we feel better when we take the time to care for ourselves, why don’t we make it a priority?
For many people, they just don’t know where to start.
I always recommend starting small and making a few minor changes, which may encourage you to make a few more alterations in the right direction. Here are a few ideas that many of my clients have tried. Choose any one which feels right and motivates you to continue on your wellness journey.
• Clean out your closet – anything with rips/holes/stains, either fix or toss
• Get a long overdue manicure, pedicure, haircut or coloring
• Take a long bath, go for a walk, call a friend, clean out a drawer, donate gently used toys/clothes
• Read a book, take a walk in nature, listen to soothing music, watch a funny movie
• Donate your time to an organization you resonate with
• Shop at your local farmers market, try a new vegetable, buy organic produce or start a vegetarian night
• Schedule a “date night” with your partner
Believe it or not, these minor changes encourage you to take better care of yourself because they make you feel better. Then you may want to eat better, exercise, find healthier outlets for stress control, etc.
Have any ideas I didn’t mention? I’d love to hear them, comment and share!