Did you know that Village Green Apothecary has safely provided prescription drugs for over 50 years? And compounding is a big part of that. Our compound pharmacy specializes in custom compounding of vitamins, minerals and prescription drugs. Individualized compounds are prepared on orders from a nutritionist or physician, like a regular prescription, and offer several distinct advantages over mass-produced bottled products. Continue reading “8 Ways Your Compound Pharmacy is Important”
Over the next couple of weeks, we will be looking at natural solutions for hormone balance and menopause. At Village Green Apothecary, we believe in taking a comprehensive approach to supporting your health and wellness. For women’s health concerns, such as osteoporosis, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), peri-menopause, menopause, thyroid conditions, and fatigue, we recommend natural remedies such as nutritional supplements, herbs, and homeopathic remedies, as well as custom compounded formulas that address the underlying root cause(s).
Village Green’s wellness counselors, including naturopathic doctors and certified nutritionists, are available for individualized consultations for a personal assessment of your unique situation. During your appointment (either by phone or in person), our professionals will:
- Review your symptoms and health history
- Examine your diet and lifestyle
- Recommend specialized testing
- Assess possible drug-nutrient interactions or depletions
- Answer any questions you may have
- Create a customized plan that includes natural remedies, custom compounding, diet, and lifestyle recommendations.
Continue reading “Women’s Health Series”
Village Green Apothecary specializes in custom compounding of vitamins, minerals and prescription drugs. These individualized compounds are prepared on a nutritionist’s or physician’s orders, like a regular prescription, and offer several distinct advantages over mass-produced bottled products, such as:
- simplifying a nutritional program
- providing accurate, tailor-made dosages
- reducing the number of capsules needed daily
- typically costing less than multiple individual capsules
- elimination of non-natural fillers, binders, dyes and other possible allergens.
Our compounds are of superior quality, easy to order and most are covered by insurance plans. A custom compound normally takes 2-4 days to prepare.
Some physicians who regularly prescribe individualized compounds include OB/GYNs, family care doctors, allergists, pediatricians, veterinarians, and dermatologists. An interesting note: prior to mass production of drugs in the 1960s, most prescriptions required compounding by a druggist or apothecary.