Have a desk job and want to get swimsuit ready? Here are some great ways to be active in the workplace.
1. Push your chair aside! As I’m writing this now, my computer is propped on top of a box on my desk to give it extra height. There’s no chair and I’m standing and moving while I type!
2. To take that same idea a step further, invest in a mini stepper or treadmill desk so you’re actually stepping while you type. You’ll be moving so much more than you realize.
3. Commit to using a rebounder (mini trampoline) whenever you’re at your desk and need to do things that don’t require you to speak or write (for example, I bounce while watching educational videos).
4. Wear a pedometer, Nike Fuel Band, FitBit, etc. and commit to increasing your steps each day.
5. No interoffice emailing – walk your message over.
6. Set an alarm on your computer to go off every hour for a stretch and movement break. Continue reading “Moving More in the Workplace”Read More