We have been on a continuous sugar high since Halloween. My almost 3-year-old really got into it this year, as he realized that people were giving away free candy. After many tears, we had to pry his pumpkin bucket full of teeth-rotting goodies out of his hands and hide it.
As luck may have it, I was serving pomegranate seeds for snacks and guess what? He thought they were CANDY! He soon forgot about his confiscated Halloween treats and ate his “red candy.”
Besides resembling candy and being so tasty that a toddler believes they are candy, pomegranates have many health benefits. Here are some other reasons to eat this delicious red fruit.
- On average, one piece of this super fruit contains around a quarter of our recommended daily vitamin C intake.
- The powerful benefits of pomegranate may help to stop cancer. Studies have shown positive effects in preventing tumor growth, and it could cut down the risk of breast cancer.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Studies have shown that it can improve libido in men and women.
- Antioxidants can help to reduce the effects of aging, lower cholesterol, and prevent heart disease.
- It is proven to lower blood pressure.
- Some other possible pomegranate health benefits are as support for menopause, fertility, menstruation, stroke, heart attack, aching joints, sore throat, headache.
Some people find pomegranates to have a sharp taste, so drizzling organic honey on them will make them more pleasing for those with a sweet tooth. If you still can’t find a way to eat a pomegranate a day, Pathway Berry Fusion is a tasty alternative that provides all the benefits of pomegranates (plus other superfoods) in an easy-to-mix powder.