“Taste the rainbow” should be a slogan for fruits and vegetables and not for candy! The more color on your plate, the more nutrients you are getting, like the following. This colorful, nutrient-rich rainbow salad is chock full of flavonoids – phytochemicals that give many plants their vibrant color. It is also loaded with vitamin C, beta-carotene, and other antioxidants that will provide you with extra nutrition. These foods also provide iron, calcium, fiber, and a modest 2 grams of protein per serving.
• 2 cups shredded green cabbage
• 2 cups shredded red cabbage
• 2 carrots, grated or julienned
• 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
• 3 green onions, sliced
• 1 apple, finely chopped or julienned
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1/2 cup Tofu Mayo or other dairy- and egg-free mayonnaise substitute
• 1/3 cup apple juice concentrate
Combine cabbage, carrots, celery, and green onions in a salad bowl. In a separate bowl, toss apple with lemon juice. Add to salad. Add Tofu Mayo other dairy- and egg-free mayonnaise substitute and apple juice concentrate and mix well. If possible, chill before serving.
Photo from here, with thanks.