Once the weather gets warmer, I start turning away from soups and stews and love eating salads, especially ones with interesting flavors and lots of color. This salad has plenty of flavor and color!
My favorite salad offers tons of antioxidants, fiber and even some protein. You can add more protein by serving it with a side of fish or chicken, if you like.
• 4 cups fresh spring greens, washed
• 2 cups thinly sliced Savoy cabbage
• 2 large carrots
• 1 yellow beet (you could use purple or red)
• 4 whole green onions, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup very thinly sliced radishes
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
• 1/4 cup sliced unblanched almonds, toasted
For the Dressing:
• 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
• 1 Tbsp liquid honey
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin
• 1 garlic clove, smashed and minced
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine dressing ingredients in small bowl. Whisk to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and allow the flavors to blend. You can prepare this dressing the night before if you like.
Place spring greens and cabbage in a large bowl. Peel carrots and yellow beet. Using a hand-held spiral vegetable cutter, shave the carrots and beet into thin shoestrings. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can use a grater or a vegetable peeler. Add to the greens, along with onions, radishes, cilantro, and almonds.
Give the dressing a quick whisk and drizzle over the top. Toss together and ENJOY!
Photo from here, with thanks.