This is one of the most frequently asked questions we get asked. How do I know which supplements to choose? With literally thousands of nutritional supplements on store shelves and available online, how do you know which ones are quality and which are not? The first thing I always suggest is that you trust where you buy your nutritional products.
At Village Green Apothecary, we work hard to earn your trust and provide you only with products that meet our standards. We have worked with the best companies, doctors and nutritionists to develop Pathway, our own in-house supplement line that provides the best ingredients and most up-to-date science. And, for 50 years, we have also compounded custom supplements to meet your exact needs.
When it comes to choosing the most beneficial products, here are four important things to look for:
1. Quality ingredients
• Patented, trademarked ingredients (examples: Ester-C®, Suntheanine®).
• Vitamin and mineral forms that are highly absorbable (examples: calcium hydroxyapatite or calcium citrate, rather than calcium carbonate).
• Products that are free of wheat, gluten, corn, dairy products, eggs, yeast, heavy metals, preservatives, and artificial colors or flavors.
• Products that do not contain any unnecessary binders and fillers.
3. Scientific Validation
• Ingredients and formulas demonstrated to be effective in clinical trials and research studies.
• Independent third-party testing.
4. Careful Manufacturing
• Meticulous quality assurance procedures followed.
• Products tested to ensure proper breakdown by the body.
If you have any questions or need assistance choosing supplements, please contact us or use Ask the Expert. Village Green will help you make the right choices.