Did you know that many prescription medications cause nutrient deficiencies? In plants, you can tell the signs of nutrient deficiencies just by looking at the leaves. In humans, symptoms may show up as fatigue, discolored nails, lackluster or brittle hair, or in other ways. Prescription risks and nutrient deficiencies, often shown through symptoms such as these, are the precursors to future ill health.
Prescription interactions are the fourth leading cause of emergency visits in the U.S. If you take a prescription, there are risks that can cause future conditions unless you know how to balance them.
Many common medications can rob the body of vital vitamins and minerals, leading to numerous symptoms and future chronic conditions. Other prescriptions may have negative interactions with specific supplements, for example, a medication might need to be taken several hours before or after taking supplements to avoid interference with the medication’s absorption. Empowered with knowledge, you can make better-informed decisions and even balance out nutritional deficiencies, eliminating symptoms and future health risks.
We have many resources to help you with your questions about prescriptions, including:
- Our full-service Pharmacy, where our pharmacists are trained in drug interactions and depletions.
- Our extensive, specialized Compounding Pharmacy, where we make customized Rx’s, nutrients and pet medications.
- IQYOU, a powerful and intelligent online personal health platform (it’s free!). After you enter your general health information (including your prescriptions), you can view your health risks, recommended supplements, nutrient interactions and depletions related to your prescriptions, and research and clinical studies on which this is based. You will also be offered the option of ordering a customized daily NutraPack to give you the nutrients you need.
- Nutrition advisors in-store and by phone.
- Ask-the-Expert access to nutrition advisors via the internet.
- Wellness consultations with one of our nutritionists, clinical herbalists, naturopathic doctors, or nurse practitioner.
- And for your unwanted or unused prescriptions, we have a safe medication disposal program through TakeAway™ Environmental Return System.
Our goal at Village Green Apothecary is to help you optimize your health. We believe that getting to the root cause of health issues is the most direct route to extraordinary health. And because you’re unique, including your lifestyle, diet, biochemistry and DNA, your solutions must also reflect your uniqueness. We’re here to help! Please take full advantage of our terrific staff and resources.
Photo from here, with thanks.