Zucchini is part of the summer squash family. One cup of zucchini only has 36 calories , but is chock-full of nutrition. It contains 10% of the RDA of dietary ﬁber, and is a great source of folate, vitamin C and vitamin A, potassium, and 19% of the RDA for manganese, a trace mineral that helps the body metabolize protein and carbohydrates, participates in the production of sex hormones, and catalyzes the synthesis of fatty acids and cholesterol.
Baked with basil (one of my faves) and rosemary, I bet you won’t be able to eat just one!
Zucchini Chips Recipe
5 medium zucchini
3 tbsp Olive Oil
3 tbsp basil , torn into smaller pieces (you can use dry, but use fresh, if you have it)
3 tbsp rosemary, chopped (see basil)
1 1/2 tbsp pepper
2 tbsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Rinse the zucchini and cut into thin slices.
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini slices in olive oil by slowly pouring olive oil while mixing. Be sure to not overly coat any individual slices.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, lay out a single layer of slices. Season one side up with rosemary, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake slices for 45 minutes on one side, remove from oven and flip. Season opposite with rosemary, basil, salt, and pepper. Bake for another 45 minutes.
- Pay attention as chips can easily burn, depending on thickness. The finished product will be crisp and golden brown.
Serve immediately and enjoy!