My 3-year-old is very excited about trick-or-treating because he knows that he will get loads of candy and get to dress up as Spider-Man. But did you know that the average kid will take home 7 pounds of candy tonight?
Here are some other fun and interesting facts about Halloween:
1. Kids are said to prefer receiving chocolate candy over other types of candy on Halloween.
2. Parents admit to sneaking candy from their children’s treat bags.
3. Jack-O-Lanterns come from the Irish tradition of carving out rutabagas, potatoes and turnips.
4. In 2011 there were an estimated 41 million trick-or-treaters aged 5 to 14.
5. Sales of Halloween candy in the United States average about $2 billion a year.
So, stay safe tonight and make sure to brush and floss after nibbling on all that sugar!
Facts from National Confectioners Association, USA.gov and halloween-website.com.