Even if you’ve been plagued by sinus conditions for ages, Sinus Survival is a program that can finally bring you serious, long-term relief. Sinus Survival products can also help with prevention of colds and sinusitis. Right now Village Green Apothecary is offering 20% off on Sinus Survival products and 25% off their bundles until Oct 27.
We often think of sinus problems being at their worst in the spring and summer months, but did you know that winter can also be a difficult time for sinus sufferers? Winter brings cold temperatures and damp weather, and illnesses such as colds and the flu. We also spend more time indoors around dry air and potential allergens such as dust, pet dander, smoke and scented candles, as well as mold on Christmas decorations. Holiday festivities often include the overindulgence of sugar and alcohol. All of these factors can lower your immunity and cause inflammation of your nasal passages and create a breeding ground for bacterial infections.
Here are 6 tips for supporting your sinus health this winter season:
• Stay healthy: Eat well, exercise, reduce stress, get plenty of rest and sleep, and wash your hands. Taking care of yourself will help to support your immune system so that you reduce your chances of getting sick.
• Hydrate: Drinking water helps to moisten the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract, which increases your resistance to infections and helps your sinuses to drain more effectively.
• Use a humidifier: Heated indoor air can dry out your nasal membranes and make mucus thicker. Thick mucus is more likely to clog sinuses and result in pain, pressure and an infection. Moisture helps to loosen thick mucus and can relieve nasal and head congestion. Add moisture to your indoor air by using a humidifier in your home.
• Irrigate your nasal passages: Using a daily nasal spray, such as Sinus Survival Herbal Nasal Spray, can help to help provide moisture to your nasal passages and remove allergens, irritants and excess mucus. Nasal irrigation helps to soothe dry, irritated and inflamed sinuses.
• Supplement: Take a comprehensive formula, such as Sinus Survival SinuThyme, to support your immune and respiratory health. This unique supplement promotes normal mucus flow for healthy sinus function as well as a balanced inflammatory response. We recommend taking 3 capsules daily.
• Steam inhalation: The combination of steam and essential oils provides decongesting and antiseptic support for the respiratory passages. Inhalations also direct warm, moist air to the nose, sinuses, throat and lungs, and can help to thin and loosen infected mucus. This is very soothing to dry and irritated mucus membranes. Steam inhalations are great for both kids and adults. Doing a steam inhalation is easy, especially with a portable device like the Sinus Survival Steam Inhaler.
Photo from here, with thanks.