Earth Day is April 22 and to celebrate, Village Green Apothecary is having a sale on personal care products through April 30, offering 25% off on brands like Dr. Hauschka, Logona, MyChelle, Skincando and Aubrey Organics, companies that strive to make the cleanest and most effective products.
And – now is the best time to arm yourself and your loved ones with sunscreen. One of the companies we love is Goddess Garden. They carry a variety of sunscreens that offer effective protection from the sun without sacrificing their commitment to the environment and to you. They believe that sunscreen should be a natural solution to a natural problem and this why they use minerals, like zinc and titanium, instead of chemicals, to protect you from the sun. Their sunscreen is organic and made without chemicals or synthetic ingredients. It is also non-GMO, 100% biodegradable and 100% reef safe, and therefore not only protects you, but also the world around you.
Aside from using personal care products from companies that care about our world, here are some other ways you can be green on Earth Day… and everyday!
• Turn off the lights when you leave a room
• Turn off the water faucet while your brush your teeth
• Eat locally grown food and support local farmers
• Start a vegetable garden of your own
• Bring reusable bags grocery shopping (and for other shopping)
• Compost and recycle
• Walk and ride your bike instead of driving short distances
• Cut down or eliminate(!) your use of bottled water, and invest in a filter system
Photo from here, with thanks.