I cannot get enough of soups lately. Maybe it’s the cold weather, but soup, especially chicken noodle soup, makes me instantly feel better. Actually, studies have shown that a hearty bowl of chicken soup may help you to clear nasal congestion and have a mild anti-inflammatory effect that can help ease cold symptoms.
This soup is twist on the traditional chicken soup. Instead of regular noodles, kelp noodles are used. Kelp noodles are gluten free and a little chewier than regular noodles. This soup has a lot of flavor, thanks to cilantro and ginger, and it is also one of the easiest soups to make.
Kelp Noodle Chicken Soup
• 1 package of kelp noodles
• ½ cup fresh cilantro, minced
• 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
• 8 cups boiling water
• 8 green onions, chopped
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 2 cups chicken breasts, chopped (roughly four breasts)
• 3 tablespoons gluten-free chicken bouillon powder
• 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
• 4 cups baby bok choy, chopped
• 4 cloves garlic
Bring all of your ingredients (except the noodles), to a boil in a large pot. Continue boiling for about 10 minutes, and then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
A few minutes before serving, add in your kelp noodles so they can soften.
Serve right away.
Photo from here, with thanks.