Since 2007, Village Green has broadcast a weekly radio show that covers current health news and offers advice on complementary and alternative approaches to living well. Our 1-hour radio program covers a wide variety of health topics and features leading national and local health experts and specialists, such as Dr. Mark Hyman, Dr. David Perlmutter, Dr. Bob O’Bryan, Dr. Deanna Minich, Dr. Joseph Pizzorno, JJ Virgin, Tom Malterre, Dr. Majid Fotuhi, Dr. Gerard Mullin, Dr. Terry Wahls, Dr. Susan Blum, plus many others! Health topics and experts are carefully selected to reflect growing health trends. Some of our past topics include:
• Hormonal issues affecting men and women
• Gut microbiome and its role in health
• Cutting-edge treatments for supporting brain health
• Importance of a healthy diet in preventing/managing chronic diseases and stress
• Bone health and the benefits of taking whole food supplements
• Natural approaches for treating depression
• Body cleansing and detoxification
• Herbal misconceptions, fears and applications for healthy living
• Maternal health and fetal health
• Green living and reducing exposure to toxins
• Alternatives to cholesterol-lowering medications
Upcoming topics include the dangers of electromagnetic fields, breast cancer, fertility stress, diabetes, chronic pain, and autoimmune diseases. In addition to specific topics, hosts Dana Laake (licensed nutritionist) and Dr. Kevin Passero (a doctor of naturopathic medicine) also discuss news and controversies, and give nutrition updates as well as lifestyle and exercise advice.
Each Sunday from 10-11 am, the “Essentials of Healthy Living” radio program is broadcast on 1500 AM, the most powerful AM radio station in Washington, DC, reaching all of northern VA, DC and southern Maryland. Our weekly radio show is now in its ninth year of broadcast, and we have over 350 shows archived and available for download from myvillagegreen.com, WFED 1500 AM’s archive page, Blog Talk Radio, and iTunes. Unlike many online health summits that cost money, you can download these interviews for free!
We are excited to share with you our recently updated list of our favorite radio shows.