Experts predict this allergy season to be particularly bad. If you are an allergy sufferer, then you know just how awful the symptoms can be. Fortunately, I recently had the pleasure of speaking with Dr. Rob Ivker, the leading authority on sinus health, author of the best-selling book SINUS SURVIVAL: The Holistic Medical Treatment for Sinusitis, Allergies, and Colds, and the creator of the Sinus Survival Allergy Treatment Program. Dr. Ivker gave me some great advice that I want to share with you.
Dr. Ivker’s 3 simple steps for an allergy-free season:
1. Consider food allergy testing – Food allergies and food sensitivities can contribute to allergy and sinusitis symptoms. Especially for individuals who experience chronic sinusitis, Dr. Ivker highly recommends looking into whether certain foods such as dairy, wheat/gluten, corn, soy, and eggs could be making your symptoms worse. Foods that you are either allergic to or sensitive to can cause inflammation in both your GI tract as well as your respiratory tract and result in more severe allergy symptoms. By identifying and eliminating problematic foods, you can reduce your body’s inflammatory burden and help ease your allergy symptoms.
2. Take 3 key supplements to build natural immunity to airborne allergies – Dr. Ivker’s favorite allergy protocol includes the following:
• Pathway Grape Seed Extract – contains grape seed extract with the same formulation as the one originally discovered by the French scientist Jacques Masqueliere. Grape seed extract is a powerful antioxidant that works as a natural antihistamine. Ivker recommends taking 1 capsule first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
• Pathway Allergy Support Plus – combines highly effective allergy fighters such as vitamin C, stinging nettle, quercetin, and N-acetyl cysteine (NAC). Dr. Ivker recommends taking 1 capsule three times daily between meals.
• AllerDx – a very fast-acting Chinese herbal formula. Dr. Ivker finds that it is comparable to “over-the-counter” and prescription antihistamines for quick relief, and it does not have any unpleasant side-effects that allergy medications often have. He recommends taking 3 capsules up to three times daily during acute symptoms.
All three of these products are also available in an allergy-prevention bundle.
3. Learn your seasonal allergy triggers – knowing what is causing your allergy symptoms and when they occur can help you nip your symptoms before they arise. For example, if you are aware that you have your worst symptoms each year in April or May, then it is probably tree pollen that you are reacting to. If June and July are your worst months, then it is most likely grass pollen that you are allergic to. And, if August and September are particularly bad for you, ragweed could be to blame. If you can anticipate when your symptoms will begin, you will get the best results by starting your allergy supplements preventively a week or two before your allergy season begins.
To learn more about Dr. Ivker’s effective allergy and sinus solutions, visit the Sinus Survival website.