Your immune system helps to protect you from the onslaught of infectious agents that you come in contact with every day. You may not know that more than half of your immune system is located in the digestive system. So, without a healthy digestive system, your immune system cannot do its job properly. Taking care of yourself and nourishing yourself helps to keep your body functioning optimally
- Eat a low glycemic, whole foods diet, rich in colorful fruits and vegetables, whole grains, high quality proteins, and healthy fats
- Limit your intake of refined sugars and processed foods
- Eliminate foods that may be inflammatory for you (often dairy, wheat, gluten, soy, corn, and eggs)
- Drink plenty of clean water
- Manage your stress levels
- Exercise regularly
- Get plenty of restful sleep
- Limit your exposure to toxins
- Take core nutrients such as a multivitamin, omega 3 essential fatty acids, probiotics, antioxidants, and vitamin D
- Laugh, enjoy life, and have fun!
If you would like further guidance on how to best support your immune system, speak to a knowledgeable expert at Village Green Apothecary who can help guide you in creating an individualized health plan just for you.